In other events you will be able to swap poetry with author Emerain Rich in the graveyard. Or learn about real life horrors with Mark Eller. Find out how to incorporate horror sound effects to your own shows. Sample Crap Mariner’s short shorts. Participate in a costume contest and attend a fashion show for the fashionably undead. And that’s not all! Bookstacks will be running all its normal events, usually with a twist…a twist of Terror.
Saturday, March 13
- 9:00 am – Horrorfest opens with new and classic tales read by West of Ireland storyteller Gyro Muggins.
- 10:00 am – Emerain Rich, author and host of the Horror Addicts podcast, hosts a workshop on creating horror sounds for podcasts…or simply to scare your friends next Halloween.
- 11:00 am – Simeon Beresford serves as quiz master for a horrific game of Book Trivia. The winner of the game will take home 500 lindens, and the person in the best costume in the theme will also win 500 lindens.
- 1:00 pm – Emerain Rich reads from the sequel to Night’s Knights
- 2:00 pm – Science Fiction Saturday
- 3:00 pm – NYT bestselling author Michael A. Stackpole will give you nightmares when he reads one of his scary tales
- 4:00 pm – Join Emerain Rich for the annual sharing of scary poetry in the graveyard. There is more out there than “The Raven”
- 5:00 pm – Crap Mariner offers his own take on terror with his 100 word stories and scary shorts
- 6:00 pm – Author and host of the Hell Hole Tavern podcast, Mark Eller, will remind us that not all horror is fictional with his real life tales.
- 7:00 pm – Live performance by Scream Machine*
Sunday, March 14 (please note: Daylight Savings Time begins in the US)
- 11:00 am – Henry Snider reads from one of his stories about occult, parapsychology and esoteric studies
- 1:00 pm – Off the Shelf interviews Mark Eller, author and host of the Hell Hole Tavern podcast
- 3:00 pm – Poetry Libre’s Open Mic
- 4:00 pm – Award-winning author Tobias Buckell reads “Spurn Babylon”
- 5:00 pm – “Twenty Ten Horror and Chills Couture Event” – Fashion Show for the Fashionably Undead from the Infinite Focus Fashion Agency
* Scream Machine is brought to us by Grave Concerns Ezine