(Inter)National Novel Writing Month kicks of November 1, and Second LIfe is providing some terrific support for for participants. Things kick of October 31, from 6-9 pm PDT/SLT, at Milk Wood. Graphic by June Faramore (SL:
(Inter)National Novel Writing Month kicks of November 1, and Second LIfe is providing some terrific support for for participants. Things kick of October 31, from 6-9 pm PDT/SLT, at Milk Wood.
Graphic by June Faramore (SL: June Stormcrow)
Please join the NaNoWriMo SL group in-world to get all the latest updates.
- 6AM-7AM: Dash and Word Wars – Milk Wood
- 9:30AM-10:30AM: Write-in(word wars and plot doctoring) – Milk Wood
- 6PM-7PM: Dash and Word Warring (at Bookstacks on Thursdays) – Milk Wood
- 12PM-1PM: Write-in (word wars and plot doctoring) – Milk Wood
- 6PM-8PM: Write-ins at Bookstacks’ Book Fayre (including Thanksgiving evening)
- Nov. 10, 6:30PM: Workshop with Arlene Radasky (SL: Imarad Breen) on reading their work aloud, recording it, and listening back for a more complete editing process
- Nov 13, 8:00AM: Building a character slam book with Emerain Rich (SL: Emz Mazie).
- Nov. 17, 10:00AM: Workshop by author Cassandra Curtis (SL: Cassandra Sharktooth)
Author of the Midnight Effect and Shifting Tides trilogy.
In this mini-workshop, Ms. Curtis shows how a writer can deepen the characterization of an existing protagonist, antagonist, or develop a secondary character by using a few simple diagrams, an interview sheet, character check list, traits, and even an exercise she invented called the Writer’s Duel, which creates multi-player participation in a game setting. Developing your character look in SL will be briefly discussed as well.
- Nov. 20, 8:00PM: Workshop by author Cora Zane (SL: Cora Waverider)
Are you struggling with your NaNoWriMo story? Erotic romance author Cora Zane will be covering ways to kickstart a story that has stalled, and get you back on track to reaching your 50k NaNoWriMo project goal.
Additional In-World Resources
- The Nanowrimo Writing Room at Book Island Library
- Huckleberry Hax’s Nancy Redgrave Building – Hangout for NanoWrimo participants