In this episode Kghia and Simeon interview Geraldine Evans, a popular and established mystery author with nearly twenty published works. She has recently embraced electronic publish with enthusiasm, abandoning her print publisher. Simeon and Kghia ask her why and find out what her plans are to cater to those of her readers who dont like ebooks.
Listen to the podcast
Additional links to the interview
- Direct link to the show on Archive.org where you can listen to it as a stream or download the audio file directly
- Subscribe on iTunes
- Subscribe using our RSS feed
Author Website | Author Blog | Amazon Author Page
This show’s music: “Beautifully Stoned” by Firehead Jerry on the album Nothing Seems Right, available on Magnatune.com
Additional book plug: Goblin Moon by Teresa Edgerton and Dead Iron by Devon Monk
Geraldine Evans is author of two popular detective series, Rafferty & Llewellyn (15 books in the series so far) and Casey & Catt. She also wrote a historical novel about the younger sister of Henry VIII and talks about researching the Tudor period.
Notes on e-publishing from Evans include
- A Newbies Guide to Publishing by JA Konrath the site inspired her e-publish her first four books, which had gone out of print.
- Evans does the copy editing, but she has the e-formatting and the covers done professionally
- She self-publicizes her work, just as she did when being traditionally published. She is also getting more creative, using her blog, an online blog tour and a monthly enewsletter to promote her work. She is also on Facebook, Twitter, Good Reads, the Red Room, and numerous other online locations.
- Also check out her advice to new writers
- She has done some experiments with e-book pricing as well.